2015 Employment Trends: What to Expect in the Coming Year
What are the hot administrative jobs of 2015? What qualities are hiring managers looking for? Whose salary is growing the fastest? You can find the answers to these questions and much more in the OfficeTeam 2015 Salary Guide, the most comprehensive source for U.S. and Canadian employment trends and administrative salaries.
Here are a few key hiring and salary trends for 2015:
Healthcare Is Booming
Positions in health-related fields are on the rise in medical, insurance, and ancillary organizations. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the healthcare sector will create 4.1 million jobs between 2012 and 2022. Job growth is due in large part to the rise in paperwork and customer demands generated by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the conversion to ICD-10 (World Health Organization’s International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision). Meeting the needs of an aging population and digitalizing medical records are other reasons that jobs in healthcare are multiplying.
Salaries for Some Positions Are Rising
The Salary Guide lists more than 60 jobs and their projected increases in compensation. Here are a few categories making big gains:
- Client-facing personnel. Administrative professionals with exceptional interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service are in high demand, and their wages are rising commensurately. All customer service/call center positions, from representative to manager, will climb by 3.8 percent to 4.1 percent.
- Experienced administrators. C-level executives require a competent support team to help them become ever more effective, efficient, and productive, and companies are willing to pay for that expertise. Salaries for senior executive assistants and senior administrative assistants will grow by 4.2 percent.
- HR professionals. With hiring on the uptick, there’s a greater need for HR staff to recruit, hire, onboard, and retain an expanding workforce. Salaries for HR assistants will increase by 4.3 percent.
Want to learn more about what the administrative job market will look like in 2015? Join OfficeTeam’s free webinar, “Top Administrative Hiring and Salary Trends to Watch for in 2015” on February 4 at 11 a.m. PT/2 p.m. ET.
The webinar will cover:
- The latest hiring trends
- Salary ranges for 2015
- In-demand jobs and administrative skills
- Salary negotiation tips for employees and employers
We hope you’ll join us!
OfficeTeam is the world’s leading staffing service specializing in the placement of highly-skilled administrative and office support professionals. The company has more than 300 locations worldwide, and offers online job search services at www.officeteam.com. For more career advice, connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and the OfficeTeam blog.