As an executive assistant, your duties demand high levels of leadership and communication, and a combination of attention to detail and strategic thinking in order to partner effectively with your leaders and achieve the organization’s vision. Unlock the essential skills of authentic leadership, effective communication and relationship-building. Learn tips and tools to help you avoid critical mistakes that damage your credibility and lead to miscommunication and difficult conversations. Maximize your value by becoming “invaluable” versus merely “indispensable” in your role to gain greater visibility and enhance your company’s culture.
- Develop 6 critical traits necessary for authentic leadership
- Strengthen partnerships with leaders by thinking both operationally and strategically
- Communicate more assertively and effectively by understanding different communication styles and behaviors
- Avoid 7 crucial mistakes that lead to miscommunication and difficult conversations
- Learn and use the skill of Indirect Influence
- Delegate more effectively by recognizing the correct mix of delegation and empowerment
Bonus Handout: Leadership Styles Matrix & Worksheet
Hot Tip: Many executives don’t realize all their assistants can do for them. But a true administrative leader can identify ways to serve their executive at a higher level. Proactively articulating your vision for your position/role will help you serve better and control your role, rather than the other way around.
About Sandy Geroux: Professional speaker, trainer and author Sandy Geroux has more than 18 years of administrative experience. She now helps others create the WOW factor, become more effective and efficient, and achieve their personal and professional dreams. Since 2000, she has conducted over 100 keynotes, training programs and workshops for more than 13,000 administrative professionals in 41 countries. Her columns and articles appear in many administrative publications. Visit her website (thewowplace.com), its blog, or email her to discuss an educational and entertaining presentation for your administrative staff.